Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Introducing The "Rhode Scholar" Movement


My brother and I were born in Harare, Zimbabwe. I'm not sure if too many people know that so I had to make that the opening line lol. Our names Zimbabwe Kev and Zulu Faz represent the element of us being African and we really want to drive that home always. Today my brother and I had the Greatest conversation of our lives; we were just thinking on what our representation to not only hip-hop but to society and culture as a whole. As the discussion progressed we started thinking about what we would call our movement, a movement which reflects each and every bit of our moral fiber. So I really went off on a tangent and started thinking about my history as a Zimbabwean and how I was always fascinated and also bothered by Colonialism. See Zimbabwe used to be called Rhodesia named after Cecil Rhodes and from what I believe he made peace at some point before he died with the ndebele natives.

This is part of our history and its etched in stone. What some may not know is that this very man is also the "Rhodes Scholar" Cecil Rhodes and even though I utterly hated school my entire life I was always fascinated by people who had become "Rhodes Scholars" such as Bill Clinton because to me this represented the highest form of success in educating themselves in their line of work. My brother and I always strive for the best even though we didn't follow our parents path in achieving the best education a man can attain we relate to the thought process of being a "Rhodes Scholar".

You have to strive for the best in whatever you do! Jay-Z said it best "Hustle hard in any hustle that you pick". My brother and I believe there are "Rhodes Scholars" in every aspect of life you have to reach that level, that quality of perfection no matter what you do. To us Michael Jordan was a basketball "Rhodes Scholar"and Biggie was a hiphop "Rhodes Scholar". So after this discussion I just thought about tying in the history of us being from Zimbabwe, connecting that Cecil Rhodes and Rhodesia and our pursuit of becoming the "Rhodes Scholars" in our own league and we decided take off the letter S and to call our own movement The "Rhode Scholar" movement. So from now on we are known as The "Rhode Scholar" and this will encompass everything we do from Producing as Kaotiq Simfoni to my brother rapping and all the other facets of our business. We want to invite everyone who is a Rhode Scholar in their own field to join us on this journey to Super Stardom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment